YouTube video playlist: AYSO Financial Management Walkthroughs
Regions may select any bank of choice for their region’s banking needs. Things to consider when selecting a bank include:
- Online banking
- Connection to financial management tools such as QuickBooks, Quicken and ZipBooks
- Online bill-pay
- Mobile check deposit
- Electronic payments via ACH, Zelle pay, etc.
- Proximity to region
- Due to online banking and mobile deposit, proximity is no longer a top priority. If you are willing and able to visit a bank further away for the initial account set up, the electronic features offered at a bank further away, often outweighs the proximity of a bank branch.
New Accounts, Add/Remove Signers
Typically banks will request corporate documents in order to validate the corporations approval to open new accounts or make changes to said accounts. These documents may include:
- Articles of Incorporation
- Doing Business As (DBA AYSO)
- Email Finance@ayso.org for the following documents:
- Corporate Resolution for Online Banking
- Corporate Resolution for authorized representatives
- New Accounts and Add/Remove Signer Authorization Letters
- The regional board must be set up properly in Association Platform (Affinity) prior to this being authorized
If opening an account or changing signers at banks other than Chase or Wells Fargo, email Finance@ayso.org to receive the bank approval letters and download the above documents.
New Accounts, update direct deposit / automatic payments
Update bank in Sports Connect.
Update bank in Divvy.
Update bank with Sterling (background check).
- Chase Bank – AYSO office has a relationship with Chase bank. AYSO office can assist with the following:
- New Accounts
- Change singers
- Bank of America – This bank tends to link multiple accounts together which causes online access issues. The bank is unable to correct this issue due to their internal account settings.
- Wells Fargo – Its possible, but not ideal. Search for other sources first.
Applications to update with new Bank Account
- Sports Connect - Registration Deposits
- QuickBooks - Financial reporting
- Sterling - Background Check Payments
- Divvy - Credit Card Payments
- Bill.com - Payments to and from AYSO Office
- Misc. Auto Payments - vendors such as storage, utilities, etc.